Due to the importance of these two medications, an information counselling service is provided by the pharmacy in order for you to get the most out of these medications.
The service requires a 15 to 30 minutes appointment within a private room in the pharmacy. The topics the pharmacist will cover includes:
- Why Dabigatran (Pradaxa) and Warfarin (Marevan, Coumadin) are prescribed.
- How these medications work in the body.
- How to take the medications.
- What to do if doses are missed or too much medication is taken.
- Expected benefits and side effects.
- When to see your doctor or pharmacist.
- Also warfarin included information about the specific INR testing needed to monitor warfarin working in the body.
If you are currently on this medication/have had a change of medication, change your dose or just want to enquire, call the pharmacy to make an appointment to get this service.